- Join the NMRA
- Renew Membership
- About the NMRA
Membership Application and Renewal
Join the NMRA and enjoy the many benefits of membership. Please review the information below before completing your membership application. (NOTE: You may select 1 or 2 years for either new or renewal memberships at the final checkout page on the NMRA Company Store after entering in the requested information. Select the QTY field and change as needed, then click on the UPDATE button to recalculate the amount due.)
Want to "test drive" the NMRA for a little while?
Sign up for our 6-month Rail Pass trial membership for only $9.95! Includes 6 months of NMRA Magazine, plus all regular member benefits (except voting).
Classes of NMRA Membership
- Member (with Magazine Subscription)
- All Rights and Benefits; Includes NMRA Magazine
- Cost - $66.00 (US) per year, 2 years for $132.00 (US)
- Member (No Subscription)
- All Rights and Benefits; Does NOT include NMRA Magazine
- Cost - $44.00 (US) per year, 2 years for $88.00 (US)
- Family Member
- The spouse or minor child of above member in good standing. Family Members have no vote and cannot hold an office at any level of the NMRA, and do not receive NMRA Magazine. Family Members receive their own annual renewal notice and membership card.
- Provide Family Member's name and date of birth in the comments box.
- Cost - $9.00 (US) per year per family member.
- NOTE: If you are a new NMRA Member, please complete the Member application for yourself as a Member first. Then complete a separate Member application for each family Member. If you are a current NMRA Member adding a family membership, please complete the Member application for the Family Member and note in the "Special Interests, Prototype & Modeling" section of the application your NMRA Member Number and Name for the Family Member to be Linked.
- Student Member
- Any person 18 yrs and under or student between the ages of 19 - 25 yrs possessing valid student ID. All Rights and Benefits and the NMRA Magazine. (date of birth mandatory on the application).
- Cost $32.00 (US) per year.
- Sustaining Member
- Mandatory for all group memberships such as Clubs, Associations, Corporations or other Businesses. Sustaining membership includes all the rights and privileges of membership including the NMRA Magazine. The NMRA is a 501 (C) (3) nonprofit educational organization and your professional association as a sustaining member is tax deductible. Any individual may also support the NMRA as a sustaining member in which ½ the cost of membership is eligible as a tax-deductible donation.
- Cost - $110.00 (US) per year.
Notice: Under the new Dues structure, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia residents must contact their region for membership to the NMRA.
- Canadians must remit dues to NMRA Canada using a different form than the US form.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- England, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scotland and Wales
- Contact: Michael Ingham
- Australia and New Zealand
- Contact: Denise Bennett - email@example.com
Other International Countries
Any prospective member from a country other than Canada, Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom (Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Isle of Man) should join via the Atlantic District website. Renewals should also be done via the Atlantic District.
- 6-month Rail Pass membership
- U.S. New Membership Aplication
- U.S. Renewal Membership Application
- U.S. New Member Form (PDF)
- U.S. Renewal Form (PDF)
- Regional Publications Subscription Rates
Allow 2-4 weeks for your application to be processed and to receive your NMRA membership card. If you selected a membership that includes the NMRA Magazine, it will take 2 monthly issues to integrate your name into the publication mailing list due to publication lead times. Therefore, your first issue of the magazine should appear in approximately 6 weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact our Administrative Department.